Report Child Abuse or Neglect
DO NOT call your local CPS (Child Protective Services) office.
When making a report of suspected abuse or neglect:
- Be specific. Tell exactly what happened and when. Be sure to record all injuries or incidents you have observed, including dates and time of day and keep this information secured.
- Give any information you have about the relationship between the child and the suspected abuser.
- Be prepared to provide any information that you have.
- Name, age, and address of the child
- Brief description of the child
- Current injuries, medical problems, or behavioral problems
- Parents’ names and names of siblings in the home